On 18 May 2011 01:04, Walter Hamler <hamlerwal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have any specific recomendations for one of the ubiquidous
> scan/copy/print/fax machines out there in the wireless flavor?
> I am using a non wireless version now, HP J4550, and it is marginally
> OK. But now with the IMAC and the PC, I want one that I can use with
> both computers.
>
> Walt

Walt,

I have an epson TX800FW. Prints without an issue. Scanner and fax also
work well.

Everything is done wirelessly with no fuss. It's set up on my wireless
network with a fixed local IP address (Windows 7 seems to have trouble
reconnecting when the router reboots and the IP address changes. More
a router problem than a printer problem).

I've had this for a couple of years, have moved it all over the place
and it always turns on and works.  My daughter is flogging it daily
with uni assignments and notes, and it doesn't miss a beat.  It's the
most reliable printer I have ever owned

 Ink is on the cheaper end of the scale (I only use epson originals)
but the Aus prices are probably stupid compared to elsewhere...

Regards,
Pete Mac in Melbourne - who hopes he hasn't jinxed himself with that
reliability statement...