On 19/05/2011 20:47, Bob W wrote:

I keep the cards in Pelican card cases similar to this:
<http://www.thepelicanstore.com/Pelican-0910-SD-Card-Case-1037.aspx>

They're expensive, but worth it.

Except the words eggs and basket keep floating into my mind. Granted, it is bigger than the card by itself but that only reduces the risk of losing it. If you do, you lose eight times as many pictures. I have been using something like this:
<http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=61021>
But configured to carry four AA cells and one card in an inner case. Just as difficult to lose as the Pelican case but only one card if (when...) I do.