Frank,
I liked the image in spite of the already mentioned blemishes.
Also, the idea of flipping either the upper or the lower part of the
image (left to right) came to my mind.
Should be easy especially with a noisy original (markings will be
easier to hide).
Of course it may be an extreme case of manipulation.  If you are
against it by definition; no one can argue :)
Still, the result can look even better than the present one (piece of
land on one side, most of the cloud on the other).

Bulent
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bc_the_path/
http://photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=2226822
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/bulentcelasun