G'day all

I just spent several "enjoyable" hours recovering from a near disaster,
photographically speaking.

My backup plan for the past few years has been to store all my photos on
two external hard drives - No.1 is permanently attached to the computer
and No.2 is kept off site (sort of - since I retired, a true off site
solution is no longer practical).  I back up to No.1 almost daily and to
No.2 every couple of weeks.

Anyway, drive No.1 has been flaky for a few months now but is still
working.  I haven't been too concerned because No.2 is up to date and I
thought I'd get around to replacing No.1 when it finally carked.
Unfortunately, when I connected No.2 last night - nothing.  Not even a
'device not recognised" message and no disk spinning sounds for the
drive case.

So there I was with all of my past 6 years of photo files on two drives,
one of which could turn up its toes at any minute and another which had
suddenly become inaccessible.  Fortunately it didn't, so all of my image
files are now 'safely' on a new external drive.  The only downside is
that I've got another few fun filled hours doing the same thing to a
second new drive.

Digital photography - bah!!

However, this got me wondering what methods others use to backup their
files......

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters