On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Mark Cassino <markcass...@ymail.com> wrote:
> Like Matthew said - Spotted Sandpiper. Nice shot and I like the flowers in the
> background. I took a few snapshots of these guys last summer up north:
>
> http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/spotted-sandpiper

That's an amazing shot - the light's sublime.  Unfortunately yesterday
was overcast here, besides it was shot around 9:30 or 10am, when the
light wouldn't have been that good even in the sunshine.  I love your
shot!

Thanks to all for the ID - I'll go change the title on my blog now.
And thanks to all who looked and commented.

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson