Back when I had an interest in scanning my old film, the common
recommendation was to buy a Nikon 5000 scanner off eBay, then resell
it when you were done with the project.  Even at $500, you could
basically get your money back because it was the best consumer scanner
available and it was only available on eBay because it was
discontinued.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com