On Jun 19, 2011, at 4:53 PM, Keith Whaley wrote:

> Paul Stenquist wrote:
>> Thanks Bob and Christine. I should have made this a Peso, so I will:-)

> I absolutely LOVE this shot of the Egret!
>
> Lovely...
>
> We also have Egrets in the Marina del Rey part of Los Angeles.
> This is a rather wide and protected swampy area, where all manner of aquatic
> life flourishes.

Thanks Keith. I've shot near the marina, and at the estuaries in Long Beach and
Malibu as well. Plenty of good bird shooting locations in California. In truth,
my  the bit of Michigan wetlands where I shot the egret is unremarkable. It's
part of the Rouge River watershed, but it's just a brief stretch of undeveloped
property between some office buildings and the eight lanes of Woodward Avenue.
But I've nailed a number of egrets there and a blue crane as well. It's
situated between a number of large lakes, and seems to be a stopover spot for
water fowl. It does appear to be abundant with life. When I stopped to see the
egret I saw a big carp digging in the bottom of water that wasn't even deep
enough to cover his back.
Paul