That's Ricoh, not Rich.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:20:56
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Today's crazy idea: RAID

Redundant Array of Inexpensive DSLRs....

On my drive home from San Luis Obispo today, I had the crazy idea that for the
price of a medium format camera, you could make a bracket that would securely
hold four (or more) relatively inexpensive DSLRs, with identical(*) decent
lenses, trigger them simultaneously, and use software to combine the images
into one extremely high resolution, or high dynamic range, image. This would
have the advantage of all of the shots being taken at the same time, and for
landscape photos, the parallax difference would likely be negligible.

I'm curious of any one knows of any work along  these lines... stitching images
from multiple cameras, taken at the same time, rather than a single camera
taken over a longer span of time.

* By identical I mean the same make and model, individual variation is
inevitable.