On Jun 21, 2011, at 8:50, Charles Robinson wrote:

> I just pulled an old lens out of the box and popped it onto my K10D with the
> idea that my son could use it to see if he liked the idea of a bigger camera.
>
> Darned thing doesn't focus to infinity, though!  Why did I never notice this
> before?

The fix is the same as for older Super Takumars...

Spin off the front "faceplate".  Set the lens at infinity.  Loosen the three
screws which hold the collar to the internal assembly... back the collar off a
bit and tighten one of the screws down.  Now turn the collar a bit more towards
infinity and check the view through the viewfinder.  Repeat until you can get
to (or maybe just a shade past) infinity.  Tighten all 3 screws and replace the
front ring around the outside face of the lens.

Took about 10 minutes, and I've never done this before.  Coolness.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN