On 6/23/2011 11:32, Larry Colen wrote:
I will do my best to keep an open mind about this camera. It doesn't
immediately threaten my fiscal responsibility, but I can see
potential uses for it. The sensor 1/2.3" is a little bit smaller than
the powershot G12 1/1.7" (WTF is it with these bizzare fractional
inch sensor sizes, why not just use mm?), so I can see it as a
compact with interchangeable lenses, rather than a primary camera
with a minuscule sensor.  My money is on Godfrey "I shot with a Minox
for years" DiGiorgi to be the first on the list with one.

As we know, Godfrey has changed his middle name just recently to Ricoh GXR. Even most initial look at few RAW files that he generously sent me shows that this little camera has a good chance to land in Israel as well.

Pentax Q does not stand such a chance. In fact, while I understand that Pentax is marketing driven and obviously they knew what they were doing, it saddens me to realize that money, effort, production facilities, etc were put into development of Pentax Q.

My mind is open about Pentax Q. But my credit card is open elsewhere, so to say.