On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First time in almost three years this pair has produced any chicks.
> Four of the six eggs hatch this past weekend
>
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=13492592
>
> D1H, 70-200 f2.8 VR, LR WB adjust and crop.

Wonderful photo (for all the reasons already mentioned by others).

Almost all the swans I've seen down here have been muted swans, except
one trumpeter, which is tagged like the one on the left in your photo.
 Must be some sort of tagging programme going on.  Looks pretty
uncomfortable for the poor things - can't imagine they can fly well
with those big things hanging off them.

Anyway, nice shot!

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson