On 7/3/2011 13:45, Bob W wrote:
From: David Savage
Maybe check out 500px:

<http://500px.com/popular>

Some pretty spectacular photography there.

Some beautiful images, but I shouldn't have to re-size my browser to
see
them.

the link didn't work for me before, but now that I see them all I see is
endless cliches - a stock catalogue.

I remember way back before I started taking pictures myself seeing this sort
of thing in photography annuals. The first time you see it it's quite
impressive, but you don't have to look too hard to see the same saccharine
stuff endlessly regurgitated. No imagination, no originality. That's why it
was such a shock and pleasure when I discovered people like Cartier-Bresson
and Elliott Erwitt.

It's so boring when we agree so often, Bob.
ann