On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 14:22 -0700, "Mark Cassino" <markcass...@ymail.com>
wrote:
> My mother's health took a drastically bad turn last weekend, and I spent
> the
> last week in Iowa helping out. When I left on Friday (another relative is
> there
> now) I took my mother's cat with me. The 9 1/2 hour trip back from Iowa
> was fun
> - holiday weekend traffic, road construction, accidents, apocalyptic
> thunderstorm, and more road construction resulted in the trip being about
> 3
> hours longer than it should have been. At any rate, he has settled in
> remarkably
> well and is actually hanging out with the other two cats with minimal
> hissing
> and growling.
>

> Here's a photo I took of him in the spring of 2010, with a K7 and FA
> 80-320
> zoom. I never regret using that lens, though I don't pack it often.
>
> http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/
>
> or
>
> http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/cat-portrait

Sorry to hear about your mother's health.  Companion animals can be
wonderful company, especially for the elderly, so it's so sad that she
has to be separated from her cat, but undoubtedly unavoidable if she
can't care for it.

I always liked the 80-320 - it always seemed to produce photos much
better than would be expected for a 'consumer' lens.  Unfortunately mine
stopped focusing properly and it became impossible to achieve infinity
focus.  I toyed with the idea of getting it repaired but opted instead
for a DA 55-300.  Seems to be equally as good.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia