Thank you all for your interest and comments.

http://homepage.mac.com/godders/book-prototype.jpg

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
> That's a very good idea - I like it a lot. You can get bigger Moleskines
> that do that, if you mean the memo pockets:
>
> http://www.moleskine.com/catalogue/folders/folders/memo_pockets__large.php

The notebook I used to prototype the concept is the Moleskine Pocket
Japanese Notebook (3.5 x 5.5):

http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html

It presents a fan-fold paper strip and folds to about 5/16" thick in
the binding. That's the issue: even cutting out half the paper,
tipping in 11 prints on Epson Enhanced Matte paper fills the cover
binding completely. What I'd need is about double that binding
thickness in the same page size for a set of 20, given a tipping in
printing assembly.

But I have some other ideas.

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Christine Aguila
<christ...@caguila.com> wrote:
> I'm a Moleskine junkie myself--having the daily planner, various themed
> journals, and the Cahier series in all sizes and colors--, and your idea,
> Godfrey, sounds lovely.  I've actually been thinking about doing something
> with their Japanese album notebook--and various others.
>
> Moleskine is now doing *custom notebooks*.  Maybe they could create one to
> spec for your needs, Godfrey.
>
> Also, digital notebooks are now available, and I just downloaded a Moleskine
> app for my iPhone 4.

Good to know I'm not alone in the Moleskine fetish. ;-) Although I
tend to use their pocket ruled notebook in hard cover (Moleskine
Pocket Ruled Notebook (3.5 x 5.5)) and the next size up soft cover
model (Moleskine Soft Cover Large Ruled Notebook (5 x 8.25)) the most.
The DODOcase I bought for the iPad 2 looks just like an extra big and
extra thick Moleskine notebook.

Perhaps they can do a custom cover and I can work on the printing
aspects of a fan-fold paper design to go inside them ... hmmm, some
possibilities.

fun fun fun ...

--
Godfrey