From: Paul Stenquist
My daughter needs a new computer. She wants an iMac but can't afford
new software, so she's probably going to have to get a PC. I've seen
some PCs that are basically iMac style -- a processor built into a
nice 23-inch monitor. One I noticed was the Dell Inspiron One,  but
the reviews say it's kind of slow with its AMD processor. Is there a
better box available at a reasonable price?

Paul

I am not a Mac person ... BUT.

I haven't seen an all-in-one PC that I thought worked adequately. With a PC you're better off getting a generic box where you can upgrade components if you need to later. You never want anything in a PC that has a proprietary form factor.

If an all-in-one is what she wants, she would probably be better off with a Mac. I'm pretty sure the latest Macs based on Intel processors can also be set to run Windoze if she needs to continue to use her legacy software.

And some companies will allow you to exchange Windoze versions for Mac versions without gouging you on price if you're changing platforms. Other companies ship both Windows & Mac versions in the same box, so she might already have the Mac version of the software laying around somewhere.

-----
No virus found in this message.