On Jul 17, 2011, at 15:48 , Cotty wrote:

> Here in the UK the best price I can find in southern England is about
> £1.37 per litre.
>
> That's pretty close to $6.27 a gallon in yourspeak.
>
> I do about 27,000 miles per year.
>
> This is nothing short of a big hairy bag of bollocks!

Using your figures Cotty, I get an annual petrol expense, given a 25.5 combined
mpg rating for your LR Defender, of $6638.82.

You can do the conversions to liters and £ and see if that is correct.

And THAT, is why I only calculate my milage every fill up, just to see how bad
it is. My newer Dodge? Short trip rides I take every day are 3.6 miles out. 3.6
miles back, twice a day = 7.2 miles per day. For this I get 12.5 mpg. At
today's $3.90 per gallon.

If I drove down to Seattle for my morning Latte, a 76 mile round trip, twice a
day, I would average around 29 mpg. Now to figure out if it would be worth my
time and wear and tear on the car to do so.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.