Yes, he is a Malamute.  We have an invisible fence, and he has stayed
inside it since he was 10 weeks old.  If the deer are withing the
boundaries, he will chase them, but will not leave the yard.  Very
often the deer will stand just outside the boundary, and he will just
stare at them until they move on.  He is our seventh Malamute, and
much more obedient than any of the others.  He really wants to please
us, and tries very hard.

The big male we had when we moved here would chase the deer into the
woods, trying to catch them.  He got kicked hard a few times, after
which he put up a big show, but never managed to get close to one.

Thanks for looking, P.J.

Dan
Dan Matyola