On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Keith Mosier <jarheadpho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> That's very nice.  I also am curious as to how you get them to stay still.

I walk up to them very very slowly and quietly, plant my monopod,
focus (it's a manual focus lens), set the exposure, and if they're
still there, shoot a bunch of frames.

If they still haven't moved, I take a step closer and repeat.  I keep
doing that until they fly away.

Usually they fly away before I even get one frame, but sometimes I get
surprisingly lucky.

;-)

> You present that photo and then you quote Cartier-Bresson on sharpness?  ; )

What can I say?

Thanks everyone for the nice words.

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson