I'm thinking about buying this lens and would appreciate any feedback from
current or former owners of it.

I already have the F 17 - 28 fisheye and love it.  It's a wonderful and
unique piece of glass. But, I want a zoom that is more rectalinear.

I also have a manual focus Vivitar Series 1 19 - 35mm. It's a nice lens and
is very sharp, but I've had problems with flare outdoors. Also, I learned
that a manual focus lens at this focal length does not work well with AF
bodies - everything looks in focus no matter what... The split screen
focusing aid in MF bodies is a real boon here.

So how is the FA 20 - 35?  Are the comparable offerings from Tokina or
Sigma better or worse?

Any input would be appreciated -

MCC
Mark Cassino