On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:45:56PM -0500, John Sessoms wrote:
> From: Evan Hanson
>
> >I've recently been going through some negatives from the early 80s and
> >I'm shocked by hold well some of them held up and how poorly others
> >did not.  I was a kid so most of the times I'm sure I was buying the
> >cheapest film I could but had I known then what I know now I would
> >have shot all color my stuff on Kodachrome.  The few I did shoot look
> >just as good now as they did then.
>
> Most of what I shot from 1997 on seems to be holding up pretty good.
> The stuff I shot before then was destroyed when Hurricane Fran took
> the roof off my house.

I've got a couple of shoeboxes full of negatives upstairs, some dating
back to the early 1970s, and also a few sets of slides.  When I tried
a scan of a few 1978 slides about ten years ago the slides seemed OK:

    http://www.panix.com/~johnf/gallery/images/fountain.jpg

    http://www.panix.com/~johnf/gallery/images/sunset.jpg

The first one is downtown Christchurch (NZ); the otther is also NZ.

I keep meaning to dig through the coxes of negatives; I'm pretty sure
that somewhere in there is a picture of Arianna Huffington (or, as she
was in those days, Arianna Stasinopoulos) from my 21st birthday party.