On 12/21/2011 12:11 PM, Eric Featherstone wrote:
On 21 December 2011 16:22, P. J. Alling<webstertwenty...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 12/20/2011 5:41 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
A friend found an amusing easter egg on google maps

http://g.co/maps/gtqkf

I just asked it to give me directions, I'm pretty sure that you can't call
it an Easter Egg if it gives you actual usable directions between two
physical locations that actually exist.  Unless you got different directions
than I got in which case you'll have to post a screen shot.
Look just above the directions.

Well it certainly is in Beta, the first set of directions took me from the Shire in London to a 4 star Bar, the second time I asked for directions, it decided I wanted to go from The Shire house in Chicago, to a theater at Roosevelt University. Neither of those places resembles Mordor, I doubt they have four star restaurants.

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.