On 1/01/2012 07:25, Jan van Wijk wrote:
Hello Jack,

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:57:02 -0800 (PST) Jack Davis wrote:
Noticed a "Pentax K5 Firmware" thread on dp this AM, but didn't have a chance
to open it. I don't find it now.
Anyone?
I read it a few days ago as well:

        http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=40156059

It was one of the 'almost weekly' minor releases on the Japan Pentax site, that
are
sometimes offered to customers with specific problems that have been solved.

It is still 1.11, no official public release yet ...

However, I just noted another message on DPR, that talks about 1.12:

        http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=40179504

linking to the UK Pentax site:

        http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/Photo-Downloads.html#MediaTypeID3

The download links there don't seem to work yet though ...

Regards, JvW

Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery

The "Firmware K-5 v1.12 for Windows" link under "K-5 Limited Silver" at

http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/Photo-Downloads.html#MediaTypeID3

works. I downloaded and installed it. It's the .bin file for the camera and a readme, which unfortunately gives no indication of the contents of the upgrade. I'll wait till I can read what 1.03 provides before installing on the camera.

Regards,

Pete Mac in Melbourne