From: John Celio <n...@neovenator.com>
Sent: January 1, 2012 1/1/12
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: The problem with modern camera design

Earlier tonight I was having some fun photographing holiday lights when I
realized something: now that pretty much all cameras have a much smaller
left shoulder than film cameras of old, the lens is no longer in the center
of the body. This means that if you rotate your camera as if you were
turning a steering wheel, the lens moves in a circle rather than rotating in
one spot.

I realize this doesn't affect many people, but when I was rotating my camera
while taking long exposures of light strands, I could never get the lens to
be at the center of rotation, and that was frustrating.

So I came home and took a few dozen photos of my cats. Welcome to 2012.

John

--
http://www.jacelio.com