Quoting John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>:

From: Brian Walters

Yeah - bought one last year from a seller in China or Hong Kong.  Mine
was one of the square ones that fit into a Cokin holder.  It has a
strong magenta cast, which (I think) is typical of these cheapies, so
be prepared to do colour balance in post or convert to black and white.

Here's one example that I took with the filter:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/PESO/slides/_IGP3230a-PESO.html

There are probably occasions where it could be useful so I haven't
thrown it in the bin (yet).

With that color cast, I wonder if you actually got a mislabeled item? Instead of a ND filter with a magenta cast, it's a magenta color conversion filter labeled ND?

I suppose that's possible but I doubt it. I found quite a few similar experiences on line. Actually the example I posted was an extreme case - the colour cast seems more pronounced the longer the exposure.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters