I've been making use of the lightroom publish services in my working catalog.
I've got all sorts of handy ones set up for different resolutions, topics etc,
which makes it easy for me to upload files, and then find the publish
collection later.
I'd like to copy these from my working catalog to my archive catalog, so that
if I update something in the archive catalog, I can publish it and just update
the file on flickr, rather than uploading a second copy of the pictures.

I haven't seen an easy way to do this.  Actually, I haven't found any way to do
this.  Has anyone been successful at it?

In a similar vein, I'd like to checkpoint my working catalog as an archival
backup, duplicate it, and trim out a lot of the older photos so that I have a
newer, smaller, faster working catalog with a different name
(120307_working.lrcat rather than 110716_working.lrcat).  I don't want to lose
my publish services etc. in the process.  I can find backup a catalog, but I
can't find "duplicate catalog with a different name".