Managed to get out for a little shooting this evening in Japan Town. I stopped
at Roy's Station and had my cuppa espresso. There were three young women at the
table near me chatting with this gal and her Sulphur Crested Cockatoo. As I
went to go for a walk, she spied my camera and exclaimed, "Ooh, an M9! I just
got myself an M8!" so I stopped and we talked for a bit. Her name is Tomiko,
she's a regular in the Japan Town neighborhood (I've seen her before).

The cockatoo is Wendy, she is a Rescue bird. She's about sixteen years old and
was maltreated for a long time. A local vet nursed her back to health but
couldn't keep her. Tomiko has experience with a few Rescue birds (she has four
at present) so she took Wendy in. Wendy's still a little skittish but her
health and her disposition are coming around.

Of course, I asked to take a picture and Tomiko was obliging:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/7005060071/lightbox/
or
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/7005060071/

That was the third exposure ... Wendy wasn't. She kept turning her head at the
moment I released the shutter. You can see she's turned her head away from
Tomiko and out of the plane of best focus. Oh well. I like the photo anyway. :-)

Great time out on this one. This new lens (a Nokton 50mm f/1.5) is truly
terrific. It needs a focusing tab, I'll fit one soon.

enjoy
Godfrey
-
flickr.com stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/