On 3/24/2012 12:03 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

On 3/23/2012 10:00 PM, Walt Gilbert wrote:
Would it help to ease the temptation if you knew there was someone
working feverishly through every channel imaginable to raise the $250,
is /this/ close to it and expects to have the rest by Monday -- and that
this is likely as close as that person will ever get to having a
prosumer-type DSLR -- and that the person in question has been pining
for it for weeks?

Just kind of throwing that out there. ;)

If you do, then you will have almost followed in my footsteps of Pentax DSLRs, the only one that you'd be missing would be the K-5.

It certainly seems like a natural progression. I really do think the K20 is the perfect next step up for me -- just a wonderful camera that may lack the performance of my K-x in terms of low-light performance, but I hardly ever push the K-x in that regard anyway. And, if I ever need that kind of performance, I'll have the K-x.

What the K20 would provide for me, I think, is access to features that I'm going to need to know how to use if I'm ever going to be a photographer in any serious sense of the word. I'm fascinated by what I've read about the ergonomics of it, as well as certain specific features like the focus-point selection mentioned earlier.

It just sounds to me like a wonderful camera, almost perfectly suited for someone at my stage of learning the art, at a price that I would be *insane* not to do everything within my power to meet. It just feels like exactly what I need at this stage in my development, and something that will serve me well for a good while.

-- Walt