My recommendation for an inexpensive, small zoom would be the 28-80 f3.5-4.5 smc Pentax F - I've had one for over 23 year and has served me well without fail. Also has a macro setting for close ups. Last I saw on KEH, they went for around $45 USD. YMMV

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: Which zoom lens for the K-01

On 4/8/2012 3:39 PM, Jens wrote:
Hello list.
If I want my whife to use the K-01, I'm sure she'd wnat a zoom lens. Which (slim) zoom lens could I mount?1

Regards
Jens

If you're looking for a small zoom such as the Olympus 14-42mm I don't think any such K mount lens exists. The smallest Pentax Zoom I'm aware of is the F 35-70mm f3.5-5.6 which is very compact but you'll sacrifice the wide angle part of the range. The good thing is that it's very inexpensive on the used market.

--
Don't lose heart! They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a lengthily search.