I wouldn't take a DSLR to a wedding ceremony anymore. Then again I
wouldn't take a DSLR to most places now for anything. If I did go to a
wedding, I'd take my X10 which has become my go anywhere/ do anything
camera. Its only weakness is at the long end of the bottle but for
everything else (including fill in flash) it's continually astonishing
me. The macro facility is simply superb. That said it's effectively a
point and shoot and so I work within those limits - limits I wanted.

If I did go to a wedding it would be the perfect companion for me. Big
cameras mean big attention. The X10 is perfect for candids and I use it
like that all the time. The viewfinder is very useful, but for covert
shooting the rear LCD works well.

I note of interest that a sensor-swap programme is about to commence and
although I haven't been troubled by the white orbs I may well
investigate that particular avenue of delight.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__