Tom,

Somewhat of a rhetorical question.

How many photos posted to PDML in the past week can you point to that would be
noticeably better with a 24MP sensor?

How many would be cleaner with better high ISO performance?

High ISO versus high megapixels in cameras is like fast laptimes versus number
of seats in a car.  Some of us want a sportscar that is fun to drive around a
racetrack, some people want something reliable with good fuel economy, and
others want an SUV to carry six kids around town.

There is no single right answer.

    Larry