on 2012-05-16 10:15 Kenton Brede wrote
I've got a screw in lens hood for my M50mm and M28mm lenses that works
fine with my K-5, but when I tried it with my K1000, I get vignetting.

the sole piece of Pentax equipment inherited from my stepfather was one of
these:

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKUMAR-1-3-5-28mm-LENS-HOOD-Asahi-PENTAX-LENS-SHADE-w-CASE-Rear-LENS-Cap-/320907490116>

(Asahi hood for Takumar 1:3.5 28mm)

i see several of these on eBay, the link above is to the first i saw at a reasonable price

mine is in near mint shape; it's pretty, and it works perfectly on my FA 28, which may or may not match your M 28 — it's an outside compression fit on the thin last portion of the barrel, whose relevant outer diameter appears to be approx 50.5 or 51mm

it does make removing the cap tricky, so i'm looking for a good pinch cap to use with it