I have a love/hate relationship with Craigslist. I live in a low
population density area where the relatively close-by Craigslist deals
are few and far between. The "big city" Craigslist is hardly worth
looking at, since I will have next-to-no-chance of getting there first
99% of the time. It is normally psyche-damaging to even look at what
is/was available there that I have no chance of getting. Yesterday was
an exceptional exception.

Checked Craigslist before getting down to work yesterday morning and
was dismayed to see that THIS ad had been placed the middle of the
afternoon (the day before):
http://www.antiqueauto.org/assets/pZ-1pKitCraigslist.png
No phone number in the ad (thankfully) so I hit the email and asked
him to please consider it "sold" to me (if it was still available). I
explained that I lived hours away, but had a sister/bro-in-law in his
town that would do the transaction for me (or so I *hoped*). Then I
dashed off a plea for help in getting there first to my sister &
bro-in-law (not knowing if it had already been sold, which I strongly
suspected it probably had been).

Complicating matters further was the fact that I would not be in the
office (at my email/phone) as I would be busy on a remote video shoot
for my employer for the entire morning. Working in my favor, for the
first time, was my 3G iPad 2. During a mid-morning break I was able to
use it to check my work email (remotely). First, the seller had
responded and said that it was indeed still available but that he also
had another guy interested. He gave me both his address and phone
number, so I immediately called him. I assured him that I was
definitely purchasing it and that I just had to figure out who was
getting it and what time would work for all concerned. The seller was
home all day, so that was a big plus. I implored him to consider it
sold to me and found out that he had not given his phone number or
address to the other guy (at least not yet).

My brother-in-law, who worked in the same quadrant of the city, was
kind enough to do the transaction for me over his lunch break. The
seller confirmed with me via email that he had indeed made the
purchase (only later confirmed by my BIL). And there was Great
Rejoicing.

I plan on selling the body and two lenses to both reimburse my
brother-in-law and buy him a nice restaurant gift certificate for he
and my sister for making it all possible. The "free" F 100mm f2.8
macro goes in the bag. It will be my first Pentax macro longer than
50mm and also my first AF macro lens. Looking forward to doing some
PESOs with it. People seem to really like that lens (and it's
brethren).

So my iPad 2 basically just paid for itself by facilitating that one
purchase (although a smart phone would have allowed something similar,
if I had opted for a smartphone instead).