On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> Going over the photos, I've got a distressing number where the camera is
> focused on something closer to me than his eyes, despite my attempt to set
> the focus point on his eyes.  Usually on some high contrast feature of his
> shirt.  The close ups seem to be focused just right, so it's more of a focus
> point selection issue, than a front focus issue.
> I'm still waiting for my focus screen adjustment shims from Pentax, it's been
> about a month.  I ordered a variety, and got a note that a couple were on
> back order, and I can't seem to drop those from my order and get it shipped
> already.

. . .
Correct me if I'm wrong (it's happened before) but your focus screen
shim has nothing to do with AF being off. The shims would be important
for what you SEE and would thus negatively affect your manual focus
abilities/accuracy, but the AF should still work even if you took the
focusing screen completely out of the camera. (Full disclosure: That
last sentence was Pure Conjecture.)