Dmitry Gromov wrote:
Hi!

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM, P. J. Alling
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
LR44 batteries are lithium based, S-76 are silver oxide with the same form
factor. There's just no comparison.  The silver based batteries last a very
long time in most every device.  The S-76 batteries in my HP 42s haven't
been changed in at least three years.  I haven't been using my film cameras
very much lately, but the silver oxide batteries in the LX and MX cameras
haven't been changed in at least 5 years.  They cost a bit more, sometimes
more than three times as much, but they last a lot longer than three times
as long.

Hmm... I did some search and it looks like LR44 are alkaline and
silver oxide SR series should actually have 50% more juice in them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes#Silver_oxide_and_alkaline_cells

What I'm more curious if anyone tried CR11108 in LX - those are
actually lithium and replace two LR44/SR44 cells, from the same link:
"A CR1/3N was also used by photographers instead of 2 LR44 batteries,
in cameras such as the Nikon EM or FE2."

Ordered 5-pack of those, will risk of trying them myself...

Dmitry
Sorry, I can't seem to keep my chemistries straight. I have used the CR1 form factor cells because they were more convenient. They work fine. They still didn't seem to last as long just stiiting as the silver oxides, they seem to have a faster self discharge rate. As an asside nothing seems to beat murcury cells for longevity in occasional use. I've tog one in a Spotmatic F that must be over 30 years old that still powered the meter last time I checked.

--
Don't lose heart, they might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthly search.