No mounties involved. Just regular police and animal enforcement officers.

Basically this legislation defines a pit bull as one of several specific breeds
or anything that even looks like one of those breeds. It's now illegal to buy,
sell, breed or import a pit bull. Any animal born prior to the legislation
(2005) is "grandfathered" and may be kept but it is not allowed off the owner's
property without a leash (less than six feet) and a muzzle. If a dog is found
in breach of the statute a "destruction order" ~must~ be ordered by a Justice
of the Peace. There is no explanation allowed, no defence possible. This is an
absolute liability offence.

In addition law enforcement officers are given ~very~ wide-ranging powers of
search and seizure (more so than in criminal matters) and getting a search
warrant is streamlined.

It's scary stuff.

A recent case had a pit bull getting loose after neighbour kids opened a gated
yard without the knowledge of a homeowner. Pit bull got out, did nothing, was
found by owner without incident, but a neighbour called the cops when they saw
the dog out of the yard.

The dog was ordered destroyed. No defence or explanation allowed at law.

Cheers,
frank

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens