Well Larry my running days are long past so I don't even pretend. I just walk and stop & shoot. I like your study of bark and think of photos like these as sort of miniature landscapes and subject to the same compositional structures. Nice job.

As to cameras I admit lately I often take my micro 4/3rd Olympus Pen 1.

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:42:22 -0700
From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: PESO  attempt at a run

I've been trying to go running without injuring myself.  I had the great idea
that if I brought the K-x and DA40 in a small fanny pack, I'd take a few rest
stops and go easier on my shins.  The idea worked too well.

Most of the shots were pretty cliche of stumps, bark, fallen logs etc.
including this one, but it's still kind of nice:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/7452207836/

I found myself wishing I had bought a 43/1.9 when I had the chance.  My 31 is a
bit big, and I could have sure used an extra stop today. I was shooting a lot
today at speeds slower than 1/10 second, without even a monopod.  If you're
curious, the rest of the set is at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/7452207836/