This is why I hate "equivalent focal lenghts". :-)

The amount of light reaching the sensor does not depend on the size of the
sensor, and is simply expressed by the f-stop. The f-stop is simply defined as
the focal length divided by the size of the opening, so with a 200mm f/4.0 lens
the opening diamater is 50mm (this is not as evident in wide angles).

On the other hand the amount of light collected by the sensors depends on the
size of the pixels, which can be seen in differences in ISO. Så if a large and
a small sensor have the same pixel size each pixel will be able to collect the
same ampunt of light, but the larger sensor will have room for more pixels.
Thus we geet differences in respolution and/or sensor noise.

DagT