Jeffery,

Micro-FourThirds is the sensible direction for future FourThirds
format cameras. It delivers on all the promises of FourThirds format.
The E-M5 is a very fine camera, as are the Pens. (Panasonic's G1 was
to me the best of the Panasonics. As it usually does, Panasonic puts a
huge effort into their introductory camera and then they seem to peter
out. However, their mFT lenses are pretty darn nice.) The Olympus EVF,
however, and image stabilization is state of the art.

That said, Olympus is continuing to produce the E-5 (and it is a
marvelous camera) and their state of the art lenses for it for their
professional community, which is larger than most people think. For
many professional purposes, the SLR is still the best choice in
responsiveness and versatility. Another generation or two on the mFT
and the moving mirror  camera will be well superceded.

The Sony RX100 is selling very well. However, it's not a "Rollei 35
killer" at all. It's a good performer, but without a view finder and
without simple to see and set, discrete controls it just does nothing
to make me want to trade it for my Rollei 35S. The Leica X2, on the
other hand, is the closest thing I've seen to a Rollei 35S in a
digital camera: I'm loving it.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com