If you look at windows 8, it follows the interface that was on the
Zune.  It's a collection of panels:
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Windows_8_start_screen.png

Each panel has aspects of an icon and a small window.  It's big
advantage may be that's it's different from iOs.  Even before this
judgement, Samsung had comitted to building phones based on Win 8.

--
Steve Desjardins