> The look and feel is different.  Apple makers a big deal of that.  I'm
> not saying it's better;  just harder to base a lawsuit on.

Point noted. I knew that's what you were saying. :)

It's only superficially different, is my minor point.  And how is the
iPhone interface that much different than a Windows or Mac desktop?
Not a heck of a lot, that's why everyone (except Larry... sorry
Larry... smiley) knew how to instantly use it.

You have icons on a display screen, you click on them, and they do
things. Even with the gesture related controls. Is it right to patent
the fact that spreading your fingers means get larger and pinching
them means shrink. Is there another gesture that makes more sense?
Maybe dialing clock-wise to indicated expand, and anti-clock-wise to
shrink? The Apple vs. Apple Records decades long litigation shows that
Apple is not an innocent party. They'll copy and imitate the same as
any other company of it's in their best interest.

There's a ton of cars on the market with the look and feel of a Honda
Accord or Toyota Camry. It seems to me that Apple's trying to pull a
coup and they hope the judges and juries are stupid enough or non-tech
savvy enough to buy it and grant them patents on concepts that are
essentially in the domain of humanity.

Tom C.