From: Joseph McAllister

On Aug 28, 2012, at 10:04 , Larry Colen wrote:

On Aug 28, 2012, at 7:17 AM, Charles Robinson wrote:

On Aug 28, 2012, at 5:13 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
I will agree that the goatse zoom is a clever idea, but being software should
not be patentable.

"?but being software, should not be patentable"?  Did you really just say that?

Yes I did.  I am firmly opposed to the concept of software patents.
Mathematical formulas are not patentable. Sentence constructions are not
patentable.  All patent portfolios do is block smaller companies out of the
marketplace.

Unfu*kingbelievable.

No point in writing a book then.  It's just words. Doesn't 'do' anything.

Books don't get patented, they're copyrighted. So does software.

The software patent crap is just to give corporations one more weapon they can use to quash competition.