On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:

> on 2012-09-05 22:09 Tom C wrote
>
>> I don't view having auto review turned on all the time as being
>> neophyte behavior.
>
> i keep auto-review on (on my K200d), but i usually half-tap the shutter
> release after a shot to suppress it; i tend to glance at the histogram on
> the first shot in a series, possibly adjust, then take more shots without
> review

I eventually killed auto-review mainly because doing that seems to
improve overall responsiveness. I think the camera has less to do so
it's ready for the next shot quicker. Maybe it just seems that way.

And it's kind of jarring when shooting in low light, say in a jazz
club, to have the preview come on and glare into my face. It can
actually take a few moments to re-accustom my eye to the darkness
after that, and I might lose a shot.

It's trivial to hit the preview button now and then to verify
continued copaceticosity.

I'm always a neophyte at *something*, so I don't tend to alter my
behaviour or settings to try and hide that.

--
-bmw