Tim Bray <tb...@textuality.com> wrote:

>That picture I got a few weeks ago of some mountains out the plane
>window, I asked my neighbor the fine-art printer how big it could be
>printed. Pretty big!
>http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2012/09/06/-big/RUNE6097.jpg.html
>- that’s a chair it’s propped up against. 40"x50", more or less.
>
>Bloggage with more details at
>http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2012/09/06/The-Big-Picture
>
>Disclosure: Not a Pentax, a Canon S100.

Looks great doesn't it? Some friends of mine printed a portrait I'd taken of
their son on 16x20 canvass. It was taken from a JPEG from my ist*d  that had
already been cropped. If they'd asked me I'd have said "don't bother" but they
didn't and the resulting print looks stunning on their wall...

Chris