On 11/09/2012 9:12 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
Quoting Derby Chang <der...@iinet.net.au>:

The Biennale has been on since July, but in one of those sad boo-boos,
I could only make it on the second last weekend of the shooo.
Rather good this year it was, too.
Feel free to make jokes about a cockatoo.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/12/12_09/12_09_cockatoo/index.htm

Enjoyable set - especially 02 and 05. I've been trying to get to the Biennale for weeks but several events have conspired to thwart me - including a train derailment. I'm going to give it one more try this week.

Cheers

Brian

Thanks Brian, and those who looked.

Definitely try to get there this last weekend. One thing I'll have to say about this year's curation. The theme is really subtle and bears taking time to contemplate. Some of my favourites were

http://bos18.com/artist?id=108 - Yoshihiro Suda. Blink and you'll miss it. His piece is not where it is indicated in the guide. It is sitting outside in a broken greenhouse, exposed to the elements, at the top of the cliff stairs as you come off the ferry. Must be giving the curators conniptions.

http://bos18.com/artist?id=73 - Ricardo Lanzarini. Somewhat NSFW, beautiful drawings. Had me grinning, so simple, and very site-specific. I still think drawing is the core of all visual arts.

http://bos18.com/artist?id=53 - Iris Häussler. Ask the young docents about the story behind this installation. Two parallel obsessives, on a lifelong pursuit. It's a heartbreaking story

http://bos18.com/artist?id=103 - Tiffany Singh. This one is a bit of a crowd pleaser, but it was oddly empty for most of the time I spent in there (other than the fuzzy-top girl in 16). Bruce, yes, you'd think it was noisy, and it was a windy day. Actually it very relaxing and melodic.