Ritz did not franchise as far as I know, so they're probably gone. Ritz bought them out and they'll fold with the chain.

On 9/12/2012 1:06 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: John Celio

Ritz Camera (big US camera retail chain) is finally dead:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-10/ritz-camera-liquidation-approved-after-second-bankruptcy.html

I will not miss them at all. Terrible stores, terrible selection,
poorly-trained staff, etc.

Hopefully local mom-&-pop camera shops will be able to return one day,
when the economy improves, now that this behemoth is out of the way.

If you're a deal hunter, people on Reddit.com are saying Ritz and Wolf
stores are already liquidating everything (except their lab
equipment). I don't recall ever seeing much Pentax stuff there, but
you might find deals on accessories.

John

One of our local "mom-&-pop" stores had become a Wolf Camera store. I think they converted to a Ritz Camera when the Wolf chain closed down. I've been in there occasionally, but they never had much I was interested in.

They were one of the few places that still maintained a mini-lab for Color Negative film. I don't know if they also did E-6 because there's a good pro-lab about 4 blocks closer to my house that I've been using for E-6 for years.

I wonder how this will affect them, if the underlying store will be able to continue as an independent once again. Guess I'll have to wander by there and see.

We still have two independent stores here in Raleigh.

--
Don't lose heart, they might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthly search.