From: Derby Chang <der...@iinet.net.au>
Sent: September 15, 2012 9/15/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: OT GESO - Protest

Was doing my normal thing in the city, when police and ambulance sirens
started down George Street (the main drag). Turns out folks were
protesting that wacky youtube movie. Became unpleasant with the dogs and
pepper spray.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/12/12_09/12_09_protest/index.htm

The first shot in front of Tiffany's is misleading. The US consulate is
on the other side of the road.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-gas-sydney-protesters-20120915-25yrb.html

But it wasn't like it's being show in the media. The protesters were
relatively contained, if pretty vocal. The violence only started when
they were kettled off in Hyde Park and the arrests started. I fully
support their right to protest. Just seems out of character for such a
lovely spring afternoon. Kudos to the speaker on the megaphone for
calming things down with a prayer, and for the NSW police for handling
it (I'm guessing this wasn't an authorised protest, because normally the
force would be out ahead of time).

Some of my other less agitated stuff to follow

--

der...@iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc