Paul Stenquist wrote:

>I've been a printing fool this week. I sold a lot of prints from my recent
>three-day shoot at the Mopar Nationals and have been working to fill the
>orders. I print from PhotoShop and can match my monitor, so I'm happy with
>the results. But I'm always up for trying something new. What does Qimage
>do that PhotoShop can't do? I print on the Epson 2880, which is similar
>to the 3000. I use Epson Premium Lustre paper, so I can use Epson's icc
>profile, which is very accurate.

Qimage lets you input your desired print size and then it uses its own
resampling algorithms and upsamples your image to your chosen print
size at your printer's native (hardware) resolution. It also applies
output sharpening, if desired, and does a good enough job that I've
always let the software handle it. See their web page at
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/ for details.

It is also good for batch printing, especially if you want to print
multiple images at various sizes on a single sheet of paper.
Personally, I don't use it for this purpose but if you wanted to
print, say, a couple of 4x6 shots, an 8x10 and some 5x7's of assorted
images (or the same image) on a single Super-B sheet it would be a
huge time saver.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com