it opens up little windows with stuff I dont understand on it and within the window I can't go up or down....

sigh

ann

On 9/25/2012 21:29, John Mullan wrote:
Ann,

Press MENU you bring up the menu, use the +/-  keys on the monitor to
move up and down to select the menu item you wish to change.  Press the
OK button to select that and a new menu should pop up for that setting,
again arrows change the value, use OK to step to the save or return, and
OK to select. When done use MENU to exit.

John Mullan

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Sanfedele
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:50 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: OT: Enablement - the new Monitor

Got an HP S1933 display model at PC Richard for $92 with a 2 year
warranty. It is pretty much plug and play but a couple of little
annoyances which I'm hoping my friend Ted will help me resolve.
for one thing, as I type this, it doesnt goe all the way across the new
wide screen.  The good news is the aspect ratio is correct -
automatically picks up what is right.

It destroyed my display color settings... I kinda got them back but not
fully .

can't figure out how to adjust brightness and contrast with the buttons
on the monitor... the menu comes up and says what it is doesnt respond
to mouse.

Anyone got info about this?  As it was a display model I didnt get an
isntruction manual - I got the display monitor becaue someone bought the
display computer and didnt want the screen.  Just lucky that
I stopped by to see it - I had gone in to check out one that was on line
for $179..

ann