I sent the K-5 for cleaning and focus adjustment along with the DA40 for
repairs, and when the part for the lens finally appeared they found that the
K-5 had "stains" and the sensor should be changed. So it will be gone for three
more weeks.

We are going for a holiday and although they offered me a preproduction K-r I
bought a Fujifilm x100 instead as a backup camera (I don¨t need another system
camera).

The x100 is really nice. Compact and light, sharp lens and it looks very
similar to my first camera, Olympus 35RC from the 70s. Aperture ring around the
lens, shutter speed dial on top and even a threaded hole in the shutter button
for the old fashioned cable release.

The most interesting part for me is the viewfinder. For those who don´t know
the x100 view finder is a mixture where you can choose between the old type
glass viewfinder with frame and some information, and an EVF. I find that I
like the EVF a lot, even if it lags a bit on this camera. It is nice to see the
effect of the exposure compensation in the viewfinder. I think the focus
screens of the K-5 (and most other new cameras) is not very good with large
aperture lenses as you neither are able to get an impression of the out of
focus background nor the precise focus.

So actually I´m starting to hope for an EVF K-3. What-you-see-is-what-you-get
finder and maybe even more compact, and the same great lenses.

DagT