But iPhones are so cool, and iPhone 5 is new, and my iPhone 4s is so uncool and I drank from the Apple kool-aid and I gotta have one...

sheesh! is right

jm

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Womer
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:58 AM
To: Pentax List
Subject: iPhone 5--sheesh!

The modern hospital-based physician carries a smartphone rather than a beeper nowadays. My hospital-issued Droids have provided nothing but malfunction and frustration for the last few months, and the IS folks put in an advance order for an iPhone 5.

It arrived yesterday.  It's sleek, light, fast, etc.

It won't connect to the hospital's servers.

It won't connect to the university's servers.

It won't even bloody connect to iCloud!

We spent an hour screwing around, trying various things; no joy. Back to the Droid.

A few hours later I got an email from one of the IS engineers trying to unravel the problem: Connecting to servers is "a known issue with iOS6", and Apple is working to resolve it.

If there is an earthquake in northern California this weekend, it likely will have been triggered by Steve Jobs spinning like a Dervish in his grave.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW